Monday, April 18, 2016

Patient Testimonials: Sherry D's Radiating Pain Rectified by Spine Surgery



Sherry D. was against open spine surgery but wanted to be able to take care of her family again. As a Bonati Spine Institute patient, Sherry's pain has been rectified.

Here is her story:

My name is Sherry D, and I came here to The Bonati Institute because of major pain in my lower back and just bending over the pain in the right side just grabbing me, pain radiating down my right leg.

I just feel like this is where I needed to be. I was not interest in open traditional surgery in any way, and I tried everything else, so I'm very optimistic this will take care of those problems.

I have a husband and 4 little children and I needed to get relief so I can take care my family.

I had an operation yesterday with Dr. Grossmith, and I can tell you I've never experienced such friendly, helpful, caring people in any medical setting ever. It just really puts you at ease. I just personally wasn't anxious whatsoever, and you would think would will be for somebody operating on your back.

So that was delightful to say the least. Surgery is never without pain, so it's not like tiptoeing through the tulips to have surgery, but for that procedure... to have woken up from that and been able to function, it was just such a surprise.

No general anesthesia, no ill feelings, just to be able to get up and walk outta here and be able to take care of myself, and to walk back in the next day.

I have obviously some inflammation and things like that, it comes from being, you know having had surgery, but I can tell that the particular problem that we were working on appears to have been rectified and so far so good. Very pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment