Friday, March 4, 2016

Patient Testimonials: Joy Fixes Her 8-Year Bulging Disc Pain With Lumbar Surgery


Joy L. suffered from bulging disc pain for eight years. She could no longer do basic chores or play sports like tennis. Treatments like decompression therapy and physical therapy did not help. Learn how the Bonati Spine Procedures were able to fix her condition. 

Here is her story:

“My name is Joy [L.], and I’m from Memphis, Tennessee. I [had] two bulging discs that were pressing on nerves and just causing all kinds of radiating pain down my back, leg, and feet. I have had these symptoms since 2006.

Not asking for help, I’m moving furniture, laying floors, acting like a pioneer woman in the yard with a hoe and shovel… and just overexerting over the years… I think it took its toll. [I took] lots of physical therapy, hot cold packs, numerous other things, decompression therapy, and nothing helped. Having this pain has kind of slowed down some of the abilities I had that I was once used to.

I no longer could play tennis… it was just a sport that I enjoyed doing; it wasn’t anything that I was really good at, but I just enjoyed playing [it]. Because of the twisting and turning, bending down to pick things up just became a chore… or just stooping down, either one, it didn’t matter if [the ball] fell on the ground, I could care less…. If it’s just hard to mentally deal with… and I am a power walker, I’m a fast walker. But I found myself just not having that desire, that energy.

I would go to bed every night just so exhausted, so tired from the whole pain. It takes on your body physically, mentally, emotionally.

I’m here for the relief, and so far I’ve gotten it. I went by the internet and then once I felt pretty good about taking the first step, [I presented] my MRI. The customer care people were just exceptional to worth with, and they even provided me with a list of names of people that I could call who have had lumbar surgery. And I did, I called.

Every story was a success, and they were all so happy that they came here. They would do it again if they had to. The day of surgery was very good, very professional, everyone knew their role. The personalities of each person I came in contact with were just exceptional… they were just warm, caring people.

It seems like after recuperation, after you snap out of it and you wake up, and then you go home, rest, you sleep it off… I could just tell that day that I was not having as severe of symptoms as when I came in.

I would recommend this institute to anyone who has any kind of neck or back pain. This place is not like any other. Dr. Bonati started minimally invasive [surgery]; he patented all these instruments. He is very concise; he is a very personable doctor, he wants to relieve your pain. He cares that much about you. He’s not just “get them in, get them out.” I recommend this place highly.”

The Bonati Spine Procedures can fix conditions such as sciatica, bulging disc pain, radiculitis, radiculopathy, spinal stenosis, spondylosis, whiplash, degenerative disc disease, facet syndrome, arachnoiditis, and anklosing spondylitis. Learn more about the Bonati Spine Procedures at http://www.bonati.com/procedures/ .

No comments:

Post a Comment