Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Patient Testimonials: Msgt. Michael MacDonald's Triumphant Return to the Military

Msgt. Michael MacDonald's 20+ year career in the military was in jeopardy after developing debilitating back pain. The Bonati Spine Procedures helped him get his life back. One year later, he's still strong.

Here is his story:

"It really is true. Life is better with Bonati."

After more than 2 decades in the US Army and Air Force, Master Sergeant Michael MacDonald, a chemical, biological and nuclear response team trainer, was facing a difficult decision due to severe back pain.

“This is something that has been bothering me since 1991 when I was in the Airborne School,” MacDonald said in an interview with the Tampa Tribune. “That’s the first time I noticed my back was giving me problems. Since then, I’ve done everything from chiropractic and acupuncture to yoga — lots of ice and Motrin.”

"...honestly I thought I was going to have to ho ahead and cut that short," he said of his military service. MacDonald is a member of Florida National Guard's 48th Civil Support Team, has been serving in the Air Force for over 10 years, and served as an Army Ranger for nine years.

MacDonald found the Bonati Spine Institute through our work with the Wounded Warriors program, and was diagnosed with a twisted nerve with built-up scar tissue upon visiting. After the patented laser spine procedures performed at The Bonati Spine Institute, MacDonald is back to work and feeling great, pain-free. He has returned to his military service and has also opened a training and fitness facility.

"After meeting Dr. Bonati and him performing the surgery... I've been able to continue to serve in the military, serve my country, I'm very proud of that," he said. "...it also has allowed me this opportunity to open this gym... and its only possible again because of what Dr. Bonati did for me. This would have never come about if it wasn't for him."

“I think I’m pretty much 95 percent now — that’s pretty good,” MacDonald told the Tampa Tribune. “Now I can see how chronic pain can affect people mentally. It was starting to affect me. Now, it’s gone and I feel so much better. I have a better outlook on everything.”

The Bonati Spine Procedures are minimally invasive spinal surgeries designed to alleviate your pain and have you back on your feet in no time. Learn how our patented surgical procedures and instruments make a difference for patients suffering from back and neck pain at www.bonati.com.

Discover why thousands choose Dr. Alfred Bonati and the Bonati Spine institute.

No comments:

Post a Comment